After the introduction of mechanical fundamentals, this course will focus on the mechanical properties of the tissues in cardiovascular system, such as blood vessels and myocardium, and the analysis of the dynamic characteristics of these tissues by means of mechanical methodology. Furthermore, it will introduce our understanding of the structure-function relationship of cardiovascular tissues and the applications in tissue engineering.
1. Check the mechanical properties of the tissues, such as tissue constitution, the relationship between stress and strain, and mechancial strength.
2. Understand the methodology underpinning the dynamic analysis.
mechanical property, stress, strain, strength, dynamic analysis
lecture and seminar
2. Mechanical fundamentals
3. Introduction of cardiovascular system
4. Mechanical properties of the tissues in cardiovascular system
5. Biomechanical aspects of growth
6. Tissue-engineering of cardiovascular tissues
listening, thinking, and practicing.
read the materials distributed in advance.
finish the assigments.
evaluate the reports and assigments, no test.
reports and assignments ---- 100%
reading materials will be distributed.
Y.C. Fung, Biomechanics--- Mechanical properties of living tissue. 2nd Edition, Springer, 1993
B. Palsson and S.N. Bhatia, Tissue Engineering, Pearson Education, Inc., 2004