This class studies and discusses issues on English Linguistics.
The classroom time will be spent in reading articles on English phonetics.
The goal of this course is to enable each student to find a topic for writing a final report.
The classroom time will be also spent in discussing selected topics.
2. Interarticulatory coordination
3. Coordination of multiple articulators for single segments
4. Multiple articulators for a single gesture I
5. Multiple articulators for a single gesture II
6. Multiple articulators for multiple gestures I
7. Multiple articulators for multiple gestures II
8. Coordination of multiple articulators for multiple segments
9. Supraglottal coordination for multiple segments I
10. Supraglottal coordination for multiple segments II
11. Laryngeal-oral coordination for multiple segments I
12. Laryngeal-oral coordination for multiple segments II
14. Oral presentation
15. Review and examination
Each student must participate in every class activities.
Each student is expected to read materials beforehand.
Each student is encouraged to review materials.
Grades come from an oral presentation and a final examination that check students' understanding of articulation.
An oral presentation: 50%
A final examination: 50%
Printed paper will be given in a class.
Monday from 13:30 to 14:30 at Tomita's office