Admission Policy for Undergraduate Schools
Under the theme of "Coexistence of Nature and Man," Yamagata University is conducting education and research and making contribution to the community along its five basic philosophies to gain a strong, shining presence among the nation's universities.
We offer admission to students described below in order to foster rich humanity based on a broad range of knowledge backed by a healthy critical spirit and develop people with basic academic skills and high expert knowledge who excel in finding and solving problems.
You can find separate policies of faculties further below.
- University administration with a focus on student learning
- Fostering deep humanity and high-level expertise
- Knowledge generation
- Collaboration with local and global communities
- Continuing reform effort
As undergraduate students, we desire people who:
- Love human beings and nature, and learn from one another through encounters with other people,
- Are full of intellectual curiosity and take the initiative in dealing with problems and assignments,
- Are interested in social, environmental and international problems, and want to contribute to the community and the world, and
- Proactively try new attempts.